Thursday, October 3, 2013

Another Installment of Thrift Finds, or Where Am I Going to Put All This Stuff?!

It's been awhile since I've done a post about all the crap I bring home from the thrift store. My basic rule when deciding whether to buy something at the thrift store is that I either have to really need it or really love it. Both is, of course, the ideal. Lately I seem to be running into a few too many things that I really love but don't really need, though. Anyway. Here are my things!


1. Cool old picnic basket. The top of this is cruddy fake wood pressboard stuff, but the rest of it is awesome. I don't what to do with it! (Soon you will appreciate a recurring theme here). Either paint the lid or take it off and then? keep some throws in it next to the couch? Book basket? I've actually been using it to haul stuff around for now. Functional AND pretty!


2. Ship! I'm pretty sure this is going in the sunroom somewhere. But maybe my den could be good, too, once I do something with my poor den.


3. I have the (perhaps utterly misguided) idea that I don't have enough collections in my life. Like, say, a collection of pretty blue glassware.


4. Antlers! I don't really leave ceramic or metal animals behind very often.


5. I meant to post these with my Thanksgiving dishes post. Nothing terribly special, but there are 10 of them, which is exactly how many I need, and they're kind of cool.


6. Glass hound. Oh. I don't leave glass animals behind, either.


7. I am totally in love with the little brass kitty. Right now she's hanging out being friends with the Fancy Lady in the sunroom. And then there's a brass crown! Fun! I hope no one is too attached to the blue thing in the middle, though, because Milo broke the lid the other day. "Milo! How did that happen?" I asked. "I was putting silly putty on the lid," he explained.


8. For Christmas! Or, you know, maybe for all the time.


9. Swan boats print. Needs new frame, but I think I like the mat that's there. Maybe a gold frame? Or paint that one?


10. The other collection I want? Ceramic dogs.

13 comments:

  1. i need to come thrifting with you- i feel like together we would be unstoppable hoarders of awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! And then we'll have to go in together on a storage space to keep it all in ;)

      Delete
  2. ooo I love the crown- makes me think of Emma's nursery. And the swan boats-- a soft spot for Bostionians :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a set of 3 Boston prints, but the other ones weren't nearly as exciting as swan boats :).

      Delete
  3. Man that ship is just so cool. Love all your finds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some very cool finds. I see that one ceramic deer becoming a ring holder....

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT SHIP!!!! Oh yes oh yes oh yes! My thrift stores suck. I need to come to where you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're farther from the ocean. The ships probably haven't made it that far inland yet ;)

      Delete
  6. That basket is my FAVORITE! I love it with the lid, but I do like the idea of a basket for blankets or books. OH the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that picnic basket, but I'm oddly obsessed with them anyway. That one is particularly gorgeous. That brass crown is the real winner here though. Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always need more collections. You should collect collections. Those napkin rings are from World Market!

    ReplyDelete

Like all human bloggers, I love comments! I make a valiant effort to respond to as many as I can and to hop over and check out your blog if you have one. So let me know you're here, if you have a bit of extra time on your hands :)